Supreme President Carl Hollister visited #Houston to survey the flood damage caused by Hurricane #Harvey and presented AHEPA's initial $15,000 donation, with more to come. The supreme president visited with four families whose homes suffered severe flood damage and lent assistance and moral support. After surveying the damage, Hollister set a goal of raising $100,000 by month's end. He also thanked members of the community for helping with the massive amount of clean-up and recovery efforts in Harvey's wake
Supreme President Hollister and Daughters of Penelope Grand President Eva Jean Fomalont are requesting each chapter to donate $250. The donation is tax-deductible
The AHEPA Charitable Foundation
Through its Charitable Foundation, AHEPA has been able to fulfill the philanthropic portion of its mission and serve the community by making donations to worthy causes and endeavors.
Recent acts of philanthropy spearheaded by AHEPA include:
- Over $500,000 raised for the Greek Fire Emergency Relief Fund in 2007
- $10,000 raised for Operation USO Care Package program in 2003
- $150,000 raised for 9/11 Relief
- $50,000 to the September 11th Anniversary Fund
- $25,000 to the New York State World Trade Center Relief Fund
- $25,000 to help rebuild St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, New York
- $10,000 to the Pentagon Memorial Relief Fund
- $40,000 donated by chapters to local, regional, and national relief agencies
- $10,000 to the Fairfax County Urban Search and Rescue Team – Virginia Task Force 1
- AHEPA’s Humanitarian Campaign to aid Greece during an unprecedented financial crisis raised more than $500,000 to feed the less fortunate, and working in cooperation with other organizations, secured shipments of medical supplies to Greece valued at over $5.5 million
- $229,000 for victims of the Athens earthquake, September 7, 1999.
Click here and donate today!